Significantly contributes to tax base with estimated $800,000 annually benefiting:
- Municipality of Chatham-Kent
- Lambton-Kent District Schools
Contributes to community with commitments for the life of the project:
- The South Kent Wind Community Fund is administered by the Chatham Kent Community Foundation and will contribute approximately $250,000 to local charitable organizations each year in perpetuity.
- Funds are distributed among five areas of giving through a grant process and support capital, operating and special one-time costs for facilities, programs and events.
- A committee consisting of seven members from the Chatham-Kent community and the Chatham Kent Community Foundation evaluate grant applications bi-annually.
Creates job opportunities:
- There was an average of 300 workers on-site throughout project construction and over 500 workers during peak construction periods.
- Our operating team employees more than 20 permanent positions.